- A variety of substances which protect the body against attack from 'free radicals' which can damage DNA and cell membrane, causing premature ageing, cancer and degenerative diseases. Some are vitamins (A, C, E; and Betacarotene) and many are the coloured pigments found in fruit and vegetables. Antioxidants do not work by themselves, but in tandem with other related antioxidants. Therefore, they should always be taken as a balanced complex.
Consider Antioxidants if you are exposed to high levels of pollution, smoke, stress, sunlight; or if you exercise (particularly aerobic forms).
Argan Oil is a rare oil from the mountains of Morocco. High in Omega 3 and 6, it is prized for its skin softening properties.
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
Consider Ascorbic Acid if you are suffering from frequent colds, slow healing, tender gums, infections, nosebleeds, high cholesterol.
- Water soluble vitamin found in most fresh fruit and vegetables, particularly peppers, kiwi fruit, oranges, tomatoes, strawberries. Not heat stable so best sources are raw.
- Not storable, so regular daily intake required.
- Best taken in 'time release' form.
- Needed for: immune function; collagen products for skin, bone and joint strength; antioxidant; detoxifying. Protects against heart disease and cancer; production of antistress hormones.