Panthenol (pro-vitamin B5)
Panthenol (pro Vitamin B5) is a potent moisturiser which binds water in the outer layers of the skin.
Prebiotics (FOS, Inulin, Fructo-oligo-saccharides)
- Found in many fruits and vegetables, especially chicory root, and jerusalem artichokes.
- Not easily taken as a supplement.
- Nonabsorbable sugars/fibres which pass through the human digestive system unaltered.
- They provide essential food for the beneficial bacteria, encourage them to increase in number and crowd out the less desirable bacteria, yeast etc.
- Excessive use can cause temporary bloating and gas.
Consider Probiotics if you suffer from digestive problems; bloating; diarrhoea; constipation; recurrent infections; thrush; lethargy.
- Beneficial bacteria which live in the gut.
- Found in probiotic yoghurt and drinks; breast milk; supplements.
- Needed for: good digestion, immune function, production of beneficial vitamins, protection of the gut lining.
- Often lacking in children who were bottlefed as babies, and subsequently suffer from recurrent infections.
- Most of the immune system is located in and around the gut.